In a nutshell
YouScan advanced platform for real-time social media analysis, developed in-house, has cloud-based scalable infrastructure, everyday we collect, index and analyse more than 30 million social media posts. The main technologies of the platform:
- Smart data enrichment (spam detection, geo-location, author influence etc).
- Proprietary NLP stack.
- Automatic sentiment detection.
- Topic clustering & modelling.
- Automatic text generation.
- Trend analysis.
- Intent Intelligence Technology (IIT) - used to identify social media posts containing explicit (and implicit) consumer intent, wish or request towards specific goods and services. IIT is based on an advanced NLP (Natural Language Processing) stack with an added layer of artificial intelligence utilizing ML (Machine Learning).
Founders of YouScan:
Alexey Orap, CEO, Kyiv National University, Computer Science faculty, kmbs Executive MBA.
Alexander Sirach, CMO, Moscow State University of Economics, Statistics and Informatics (MESI).
Leonid Lytvynenko, CTO, PhD candidate, Kyiv National University, Faculty of Mathematics.
Leadership team includes industry experts with experience in Yandex, ReachLocal, Alcatel-Lucent.YouScan has strong engineering team of 12 people:
- 60+ years of combined software development expertise; two PhD candidates,
- experience in mission-critical applications,
- expertise in Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Information Retrieval,
- education from top Ukrainian universities: Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University, National Technical University of Ukraine "KPI",
- active contributors to open-source projects (Orleankka, Streamstone, Nake),
- previous experience includes Samsung, Wolters Kluwer, Genesys (Alcatel-Lucent), WiseTech, Intapp, Wonga, JustApplications.
Go to the site
Latest blog posts
YouScan’s was one of the first startups that Openfund invested in, focusing on social media monitoring service for brand owners specifically offered in the Russian and Ukrainian languages. Today we are announcing our exit from the company. Thinking of YouScan takes us to the first days of Openfund. Α whole 6 years down the memory lane, we… Continue reading...
What a year 2013 has been for Openfund! – First things first, our Openfund I portfolio has progressed nicely: YouScan has matured to a solid SaaS business, we had a small exit with Imagga and Taxibeat just announced its latest $4 million round by Hummingbird. – We launched Openfund II back in December 2012. Since… Continue reading...
Having only recently announced the call for proposals for Round IV and having completed more than a year of operations for the Openfund, it’s a good opportunity to reflect on the progress so far. It’s a chance to share with the community some of the insights we learned in the process of accepting and screening… Continue reading...